Faculty Fellows will help Queens College students succeed by reducing the financial burden of high-cost textbooks and generating high-quality alternatives that are up-to-date, accessible, innovative, and pedagogically responsible.
The Queens College Libraries and the Center for Teaching and Learning will help fellows find, create, evaluate, and implement zero-cost and/or open materials for a course that will run in summer or fall 2020.
For more information about how open educational resources help our students, visit https://qc-cuny.libguides.com/oer-ztc.
Both full-time and part-time faculty are eligible for the fellowship. Applicants must clear their participation with their department chair prior to applying.
Faculty fellows commit to:
- Actively participating in 4 training workshops in Spring 2020 (February 7, February 28, March 27, and April 24 at 10am)
- Developing a fully OER or ZTC course (materials due June 14, 2020)
- Teaching at least one section of the OER or ZTC course in Summer or Fall 2020
- Submitting course materials to our institutional repository, CUNY Academic Works.
- Writing a brief (200-500 word) end-of-fellowship narrative (due June 21, 2020)